|Maple Ridge Men's
755 Lake Bonavista Dr S.E.
Calgary, AB T2J 0N0
MEMBER: Alberta Golf Alberta Golf, Golf Canada Golf Canada
1. The rules of golf determined
by the Royal Canadian Golf Association, the local rules printed on the Maple
Ridge scorecard and the modified rules below, will apply to all golf tournaments
played by the MRMGC.
Rule 27: Ball lost or out of bounds; Provisional ball
27-2. Provisional Ball
If you feel that your ball is lost outside a water hazard or may be out of bounds, you should hit a Provisional Ball in accordance with Rule 27-1.You must inform your fellow group members that you will be playing a Provisional Ball.
Modified Rule 27-1 Ball out of Bounds; Lost Ball.
If you have searched for your ball for TWO minutes and it has not been found, your Ball is deemed to be lost. With a penalty of stroke and distance, the Provisional Ball now becomes the Ball in play. If you did not hit a Provisional Ball, DO NOT GO BACK to where the original ball was last played. Using your best judgment, drop a ball in the area where you believe your ball to have landed. You will be the soul judge of this location. Ex. If you hit the ball in the trees, drop it in the trees; if you lost it in the rough drop it in the rough. Add one penalty stroke to your score for that hole.
Modified Rule Lost Ball Hole #13. In the event that you lose your ball off on your tee shot, outside of the lateral water hazard to the left of the green, and if you did not hit a provisional ball: Proceed to marked drop area located approximately 50 yds in front of the green. Drop a ball in the drop area and add one penalty stroke to your score for this hole.
These Modified Rules are in place for the Maple Ridge Men’s Club to help maintain the pace of play.
2. Members are responsible to show up on time and play in any event in which they have registered. If a member cannot make an event they signed up for notification must be made to the Club Captain by 9 p.m. Monday evening prior to the Saturday event. This provides the club captain the opportunity to fill that spot with a member who is on the reserve list. A member who is allocated a time and fails to cancel within the prescribed time, or show up, is required to pay the club an amount equivalent to the current 18-hole green fee and user fee at Maple Ridge Golf Course.
3. Existing members of the club in good standing can renew their membership annually prior to the deadline declared by the executive each spring. Members can have a leave of absence from the club (not being a member) for a maximum of one year and maintain their membership privileges provided it is approved in advance by the executive. A leave of absence will be considered for temporary work relocations, injury/illness etc
4. New members to the club will be selected each year according to the date upon which they made application for membership. Application can be taken by email to the clubs current membership chairman whose email address is posted on the “How to Join” page of this website. Alternatively a potential new member could apply by sending a letter to the clubs mailing address. Potential members are contacted based on the date their application was received by the Membership Chairman. When a spot becomes available the applicant who has been on the list the longest will be called and given one opportunity to commit to membership in the club. Appropriate membership dues for that year MUST be received within two weeks of acceptance.
5. Members are expected
to post a minimum of ten score cards in any one calendar year.
At its first meeting of the New Year the Executive will review the membership of any member who has not posted ten score cards in the previous year. (This does not apply to members who post scores at another recognized AGA Club provided that the member provides a printout from that Club when requested to do so by the Membership Chairman).
6. Members must participate in a minimum of three scheduled Club events played at the Maple Ridge Golf Course. This is a requirement for continuation of Membership. Three events played is also a requirment for participation in the competitive aspect of the Club Championship.
7. For all play during Maple Ridge Men’s Golf Club competitions/tournaments, a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.
8. Slow Play – In all Club
Tournaments the following Rules apply to eliminate slow play.
A. Each individual player must play all 18 holes without undue delay and in accordance with the pace of play guidelines. As well if a player unduly delays play between holes, he is delaying the play of the next hole. Penalty for Breach of Rule 6 - 7 * Match Play - Loss of hole * Stroke Play - Two strokes - For subsequent offense Disqualification.
B."When a group is
more than one hole behind the group in front, or out of position*, the group
must pick up their balls and proceed to the next tee. Their score for that hole
shall be par plus any handicap strokes the player is entitled to receive on
the hole and add a 2 stroke penalty."
* Out of position is defined as upon reaching the tee of a par 3 after the proceeding group has cleared the next tee OR upon reaching the tee of a par 4 or 5 after the proceeding group has cleared the green.
"Revised by the MRMC Executive 2015"